Who We Are
The Boston International Christian Church is a non-denominational church that is part of the International Christian Churches and a member of the SoldOut Discipling Movement. We are a family of Christian churches whose members are committed to living their lives in accordance with the teachings of Jesus Christ as found in the Bible. We read and strive to abide by the entire Bible and hold it to be inspired and inerrant. We expect every member to be a disciple of Christ as defined in his teachings. The International Christian Churches were built on the revolutionary but Biblical conviction that every person must first make a decision to become a disciple and then be baptized. The Biblical Greek word for church is “ecclesia,” which means “the called out.” Today we are an international family of churches that is rapidly spreading to all nations around the world (see our Crown of Thorns Project). We have been called out from religious mediocrity, spiritual error, atheism and agnosticism–into a meaningful, vibrant relationship with God.
Our congregations now reflect the diversity of the cities and nations where we have planted churches. Worldwide, people of all races, ages,and cultures weekly attend our worship services. These services are true celebrations, for the life of a disciple of Christ is the most joyful one we know.
Jesus taught his disciples to not only make disciples, but also to meet the physical needs of people. Visit our charity arm MERCY Worldwide (www.mercyworldwide.org
) to see some ways that we are practicing Jesus’ teaching by meeting the needs of people around us. One of Jesus’ final commands to his disciples was to go and make disciples of all nations (Mt 28:18-20). As disciples of Christ, our lives are committed to bringing his church to every nation within this generation. In keeping with Biblical examples, we multiply our churches by sending out small groups of disciples to major metropolitan areas, where they then form new churches. Since every new member is a committed disciple, these new churches grow rapidly and are soon strong enough to send out other groups to plant more churches.
We invite you to come as you are as anyone is welcome. You will love the dynamic fellowship, awe-inspiring worship and singing, and hear a practical and powerful message from God’s word. We also host small-group Bible Talk’s around the Boston area. Please contact us if you have any further questions.
What We Believe
1. There is one true God who reveals himself to the world as The Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19). Jesus, the Son of God, is our one and only Lord and Savior, crucified for our sins and physically resurrected from the dead on the third day (John 14:6 ; Acts 4:12; 1 Corinthians 15 ).
2. The Bible is the only written message of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error (2 Timothy 3:16-17; Peter 1:19-21).
3. A person is saved by the grace of God and the blood of Jesus Christ. A person must, through faith and obedience, reach out to receive this free gift of salvation (Ephesians 1:1-10; James 2:14-26).
4. As with the first Christians, when a person repents and is baptized their sins are forgiven and the Holy Spirit begins to work in their life (Acts 2:36-41; Romans 8:5-11).
5. Only baptized disciples are members of Christ’s church (Matthew 28:18-20; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13).
6. After baptism every Christian needs to be discipled–called/taught to obey the Scriptures by other Christians (Matthew 28:20).
7. Every disciple must be committed to the vision of taking God’s Word to build churches by making disciples of all every nation in this generation (Matthew 24:14; Colossians 1:6, 23)